Saturday, December 31, 2022

Textus Receptus - a comprehensive and extraordinary website

Earlier this week, I discovered a website concerning the Textus Receptus that is nothing short of extraordinary:

Textus Receptus Bibles

This site includes a history of the Textus Receptus and a comprehensive Interlinear that displays at the same time six complete versions of the Greek Byzantine/Majority text-type with fourteen English translations based on the Greek Byzantine/Majority text-type, that is fully searchable.

It also has the complete Masoretic text of 1524 (also fully searchable), and an extensive library of books related to the Textus Receptus.

The site is easy to use, and the visual display of the web pages is exceptional.

I am sure that I will be spending many hours in the upcoming days exploring this marvelous site, and I suspect it will be one of my main resources for Bible study in the future.

Sincerely hope that folk who read this post will take the time to explore the site too.


Grace and peace,

David

1 comment:

David Waltz said...

Hi Dennis,

I have not seen the video; will check it out this afternoon. Thanks for the heads-up.

Grace and peace,

David